I can’t wait to see these posters around town. Berlin is starting a PR campaign to encourage foreigners to apply for German citizenship. The main spokesperson is European boxing champion, Oktay Urkal.
In the press release on the Berlin site, there are quotes from the brochures promoting this campaign from people answering the question, Why become German?
Some of my favorite practical responses:
- I don’t need a visa to travel to other countries and I don’t have to stand in a long line.
- Often you get discrimated against if you don’t have German papers.
- I can go on vacation with my friends without a visa.
- I save a lot of money because I don’t need to apply for visas.
- Having it is more practical.
Maybe Ritter Sport‘s ad agency worked on this campaign. The German passport: Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut.