From Papa Scott‘s post, I ended up here and then read this interesting blog fact at TrendBlog: There are 42 000 German weblogs. World wide there are 14 million weblogs, Iran has 65 000 blogs. Thus Germany is a developing country concerning blogs.
An attempt to explain why – Here’s my Dave Letterman Top Ten (all in fun).
Top 10 Reasons Why Germany has Fewer Blogs than Iran
9. Opinionated German bloggers risk being called Na.zis by the irate, deranged and mentally disturbed commenters who lurk in the Blogosphere.
8. People will find out how great Germany is and cause a mass migration of (gasp) foreigners!
7. On the internet, no one cares about someone’s Dipl-X or Dr.
6. Blogging is not required.
5. No one famous has a blog yet. Olli Kahn, Boris Becker, Joschka… It all rides on you.
4. Hartv IV cut back on social benefits for DSL.
3. Der Blog, Die Blog, oder Das Blog?
2. Ein-Euro-Jobs don’t have internet access.
1. No one can figure out the Neue Rechtschreibung.